It’s that time of the year. The Philadelphia Area Chapter of Meetings Professionals International is asking for nominations for their five separate Chapter Awards. They include:
- Planner of the Year—This is given annually to a planner member of the PAMPI chapter for his or hers outstanding association/ /industry contributions, leadership and professionalism. The award is based on international and chapter participation, presentations relating to the industry, articles written for the hospitality industry press and any industry recognition.
- Supplier of the Year—Presented annually, this award is handed out to a supplier member for their outstanding association/industry contributions, leadership and professionalism. The award is based on international and chapter participation, presentations relating to the industry, articles written for the hospitality industry press and any industry recognition.
- Tomorrow’s Leader—This is presented annually to a chapter member who made contributions to MPI at the both international and/or chapter level(s). The person also reflects the definition of professionalism as stated in the association’s strategic plan. Nominees must have joined MPI no earlier than Jan. 1, 2011.
- Chapter Leader—Also handed out annually, the award goes to a chapter members who has motivated others, impacts volunteer functions and acts as an impetus to cause outstanding results that positively impact PAMPI.
- Volunteer of the Year—In order to receive this award, a chapter member must have received the Shining Star Award—an award that recognizes members who have made significant team contributions—during the current fiscal year.
Awards are given based off continued involvement, commitment and achievement, with a heavy focus on the 2014–2015 fiscal year. Any member in good standing (those with current membership dues) can nominate candidates.