As spring approaches, it’s time for us to shed our gloves and parkas and head outdoors. Bucks County has a whole slate of festivals planned to let you do just that.
- Bucks County GardenFest The second Bucks County GardenFest features lectures and demos from local gardening and horticultural experts and shadowbox displays created by nature centers, gardens and more, giving you an opportunity to learn all about the great outdoors. March 16–April 17
- 26th Annual Neshaminy State Park Civil War Reenactment Grab your musket and don your caps for this old-time fest—one of the largest along the East Coast. The weekend-long event allows visitors to tour the camps, participate in the dress parade, view drill military demonstrations and more. April 25–26
- 40th Bucks County Designer House & Gardens Tour Attendees are invited to the Empty House Party to view design plans and explore the Villa d’Braccia—which was selected to be renovated by interior designers and landscapers—before it goes through a complete transformation. Appetizers, wine, craft beer and more will be available at the event. April 26–May 30
- Opening Day at Sesame Place Bring the kids to the opening day of the Sesame Street-themed amusement park. May 2
- Washington Crossing Brewfest Summer just wouldn’t be the same without beer. Brew samplings from more than 60 national and regional breweries will be on tap along with live bands and food. The event sells out every year, so purchase your tickets now. May 2
- Strawberry Festival at Peddler's Village, The shopping village’s annual show features wares and demonstrations from juried artisans. Strawberries are, of course, available in a number of manners from pastries and shortcake to jams and fritters. May 2–3
- 5th Annual Spring Winery Tour, Stroll along Bucks County Wine Trail stopping in at the county's numerous wineries that sit along hundreds of acres of vineyards during this two-part, self-guided wine tour. Sip glasses from Buckingham Valley Vineyards, Peace Valley Winery and others to find the perfect bottle of vino to accompany your next barbecue. May 17 and 24
- New Hope Pride Week and Parade This event’s star attraction—the annual parade—showcases diversity with lively bands, floats and specialty troupes and is a ton of fun. A mile-long rainbow flag is carried down May Street during the event, adding to the already colorful celebrations. The week also includes a block party and vendor fair. May 10–17
- Arts Alive! The 15th annual event boasts the finest artisans and crafters in the area. They set up shop along the streets and show off their wares amongst musical performances, alpacas (that's right) and a food court. May 16
- Moravian Pottery & Tile Works Festival Check out handmade historic and contemporary ceramic tiles from more than 50 artists, dealers and collectors. A free tour of the Tile Works working history museum is an added bonus.
For more info, head to VisitBucksCounty.com