These interviews are part of a series that highlights new hires within the industry. Have you recently started a new role or do you know someone who has? Submit your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wendy Worley was recently hired as director of sales and marketing at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel in Colorado.
1. What are you looking forward to the most in your new role as director of sales and marketing at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel?
As director of sales and marketing, I’m most looking forward to the redevelopment of a high results-oriented team.
2. How do you think past industry experience has prepared you for this role?
I have held multiple roles as a director from independent hotels to brand hotels including opening the first dual Hilton property in Denver.
3. How did you get into the industry?
I started my career at the Hilton Oakland Airport as a senior sales manager and relocated to Denver Colorado to join the Hilton Denver Tech Center team. I have also held director positions at Magnolia Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn Cherry Creek Denver and Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North.
4. What are you hoping to achieve in your new role as director of sales and marketing?
It’s exciting to be a part of a historic landmark and share the iconic western muralist Allen Tupper True. Additionally, I’m excited to introduce such great culinary expertise with unique food and beverage offerings to improve presentations and pairings on our menu.
5. What do you enjoy most about the industry?
I enjoy the perfect mix between leisure travelers, business travelers, and our group clientele. Additionally, I enjoy the stories of the exceptional experiences our guests have through the hotel.