The simple elegance of the venue inspired designer James Maroldi of Dish Catering to design a refined table.
Maroldi was charged with the task of creating a table that was distinguished yet functional for a full-day pharmaceutical product launch meeting at the Lambertville House in the river town of Lambertville.
Lambertville, which borders the Delaware River, was originally owned by the Delaware Indians and was purchased by agents for the council of West Jersey in 1703 for seven hundred pounds or in today’s currency, roughly $2,800.
In 1732, Emanuel Coryell purchased a portion of this land and obtained a charter to operate a ferry across the Delaware River into New Hope, Pennsylvania; Lambertville was the midpoint for travelers who embarked on the two-day journey between New York and Philadelphia.
Lambertville and New Hope were then called Coryell’s Ferry and famously served as an outpost for General George Washington and his troops during the Revolutionary War.
In 1812, a wooden bridge was built across the Delaware River and Captain John Lambert built a stone tavern and Inn on the Lambertville side of the river. The Inn was later designated as a post office and the town was named Lambert’s Ville.
Set in the Coryell Room, this custom table is lined with Wedgewood Shaunting linen and set with elegant white plates atop of which guests find photobooks featuring historical imagery of the city of Lambertville.
A lush centerpiece of homegrown local Veronica and Thissel seed pods is surrounded by classic silver flatware and minimalist glassware, leaving plenty of room on the table for attendees to eat and take notes.
As morning intros and networking progress into the heart of the launch, branded portfolios featuring complimentary stationery and pens are added to the table. The portfolios are then easily folded to accommodate lunch and beverage service.