The Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau today announced the hire of Walden Agustin Sr. as senior national accounts director.

“We are extremely pleased to welcome Walden to the PHLCVB sales team,” says Jack Ferguson, president and CEO, PHLCVB. “His experience will be a tremendous asset in promoting Philadelphia as one of the country’s top meeting destinations and booking additional room nights in our region’s hotels,”

In his new position, Agustin will generate tentative and definite business from the Midwest and Southeast regions, with responsibility for midsize and citywide groups.

A Johnson & Wales University graduate, Agustin brings more than 19 years of experience to PHLCVB. Previously, he worked for the San Francisco Travel Association, where he was responsible for the Midwest citywide association and corporate accounts. He also spent time at a number of Hyatt Hotels, the Hilton San Francisco, the San Francisco Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Hawaii Convention Center.

“Having worked with destination marketing organizations, hotels and a convention facility I am keenly aware of what clients expect from a destination,” says Agustin. “I am excited to bring this expertise to Philadelphia and I look forward to taking the PHL story on the road as we work to drive even more convention business to the region.” 
 

As the spread of the novel coronavirus continues to put immense pressure on the U.S. health care system and the people who keep it running, the American Hotel and Lodging Association is working to connect hotels with health workers who are struggling to find housing.

 

With the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, most people are working from home. Many are social distancing or quarantining with their children, who have transitioned to online classes. Restaurants, bars, coffee shops, offices, stores and so much more have been temporarily shut down in many states, affecting daily life in the most unexpected of ways.

 

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Sunday recommended that all gatherings of more than 50 people be cancelled or postponed for the next eight weeks, in order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. The recommendation covers events like parades, concerts, festivals, conferences, sporting events, weddings and more.