According to Watkins Research Group’s biennial Meeting and Convention Planners Survey, out of 40 North American cities, Vancouver, B.C. is the top convention city in Canada and the second in North America!
Watkins’ rankings are based on responses from nearly 900 industry planners and decision makers from around the world. In the survey, Vancouver was:
• No. 1 for Client Advocate Score, a calculation indicating whether respondents would advocate or promote the destination to peers planning future events
• No. 1 for superior convention center facilities
• No. 1 for superior convention center services
• No. 1 for being a safe and secure destination
• No. 1 for superior Convention and Visitors Bureau/Destination Marketing Organization
In a news release announcing the honor, one group that recently met in the city noted of their experience:
“Million Dollar Round Table met in Vancouver this past June, and we were blown away by the dedication, professionalism and welcoming nature of the city’s hospitality community,” says Ray Kopcinski, director of meeting services, Million Dollar Round Table. “The meeting achieved record attendance with close to 11,500 people, and a major part of that was Vancouver’s appeal as a destination.”
This wasn’t the first time Vancouver had been lauded for its meetings hospitality. The International Congress and Convention Association named Vancouver the top meetings destination in North America.
To celebrate the accolade, Tourism Vancouver and the Vancouver Convention Centre put together a fun thank you video. Take a look! Now, doesn’t that make you want to pay a visit?